ONLINE DISPATCH & RESOURCES
Mindful of the many resources being circulated to our communities, EXPO CHICAGO’s Online Dispatch features a focused collection of thoughtful programming and resources highlighting important work from our partner galleries, institutions, museums, and non-profits. Sign up for our mailing list to receive news of the latest digital initiatives, online exhibitions, panel discussions, long-read articles, grants, and other crucial resources.
RESPONSE TO COVID-19
On behalf of all of us at EXPO CHICAGO, The International Exposition of Contemporary & Modern Art, we offer our heartfelt sympathy and compassion for everyone touched by COVID-19, as well as our deepest gratitude to those on the front line of care. In light of this crisis, EXPO CHICAGO has made the decision to reschedule its ninth edition to April 8–11, 2021 at Navy Pier. The decision to move the fair from its traditional September timeslot was the result of a collaborative decision-making process that EXPO CHICAGO conducted with galleries, collectors, institutional partners, and city officials.
EXPO CHICAGO is committed to collaborating across the commercial and institutional sectors to prioritize the health and safety of our exhibitors, curators, and patrons in light of possible restrictions on large gatherings throughout Chicago alongside ongoing international travel concerns in 2020. As it prepares for its ninth edition, the exposition is keeping a close eye on the latest developments and continuously monitoring recommendations from health professionals and government agencies, and will make this information available to all guests.
EXPO CHICAGO always strives to adjust to the needs of the community and reinforces that commitment through partnerships with leading international galleries, local institutions, museums, and organization, and global collaborators. In recognition of many pressing challenges our partners are facing, we present a selection of local and national resource lists which have been compiled with the immediate needs of galleries, artists, curators, and cultural workers in mind.
- The Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE) COVID-19 Arts Relief & Resources list
- Arts for Illinois Relief Fund
- Chicago’s Small Business Resiliency Fund
- SBA’s Small Business Guidance and Loan Resources & Frequently Asked Questions
- National Endowment for the Arts COVID-19 Resources for Artists and Arts Organizations
- New York Federation for the Arts’ List of COVID-19 Emergency Resources
- Vera List Center for Art and Politics’ Resource Toolkit for Artists
- Creative Capital’s List of Resources During the COVID-19 Outbreak
SUPPORT FOR PARTNERS
In response to the current crisis, and to support our many programmatic partners, the exposition has developed additional marketing and communication initiatives to support galleries, museums, curators, and EXPO ART WEEK partners.
- The launch of a new Online Dispatch, which will use EXPO CHICAGO’s robust email and digital platforms to highlight key resources and programming
- Expanding digital initiatives for core programs such as /Dialogues, presented in partnership with the School of the Art Institute of Chicago
- A dynamic and responsive approach to EXPO CHICAGO social media channels, including dedicated posts for partners across Instagram and Facebook platforms and select artist and curator takeovers
- Active communication to collaborate with institutional partners and galleries to concept and program select conversations in support of the local and international art world community
Please direct all inquiries and proposals for submissions to email@example.com.