EXPO CHICAGO 2020 Applications
Application Deadline: February 20, 2020
Welcome to the application portal for the 2020 edition of EXPO CHICAGO, the International Exposition of Contemporary & Modern Art. Returning to historic Navy Pier September 24–27, 2020, for its ninth edition, EXPO CHICAGO hosts leading international exhibitors presented alongside one of the highest quality platforms for global contemporary art and culture. Below you will find information on exhibitor sections, application instructions, and important dates.
EXPO CHICAGO hosts international contemporary and modern art galleries, curated selections of solo and two-artist presentations, and projects by select regional, national, and international non-profit institutions, museums, and organizations. Applications are open for the five sections outlined below. To apply to more than one section, please complete separate applications.
The Galleries Section at EXPO CHICAGO is open to established international contemporary and modern art galleries. The number of participating galleries is limited, and acceptance is granted exclusively by the Selection Committee, comprised of leading dealers.
The EXPOSURE section, installed on the main floor of the exposition, features a curated selection of solo and two-artist presentations, represented by galleries ten years and younger. EXPOSURE 2019 was selected by Naima Keith | Vice President of Education and Public Programs at Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA), with the advisement of the EXPO CHICAGO Selection Committee. The number of participating galleries is limited.
PROFILE presents solo booths and focused projects by established international galleries. Showcasing ambitious installations and tightly focused thematic exhibitions, this section features major projects by a single artist or collective, providing a curatorial platform for solo presentations. Galleries may apply for a booth exclusively in PROFILE or as a compliment to their Galleries Section presentation.
EDITIONS + BOOKS
Editions + Books is open to select organizations presenting a cross-section of established and emerging artists. From limited editions to publications, the Editions + Books section offer a diverse array of print media and object-based practices that span across photography, sculpture, monographs, and other multiples.
The Special Exhibitions program features curatorial projects by select regional, national, and international non-profit institutions, museums, and organizations. Complementing the surrounding elements of the fair, this program illustrates and preserves the important relationship between contemporary and modern art and non-profit organizations.
Application Checklist and Instructions
The online application system will guide you through the following pages:
- Gallery/Organization Profile
- Section Application Form
- Image and Supplemental Materials Upload
- Application Fee Payment
- Terms & Conditions
- Application Review
Materials and Information to Include:
- Contact Information
- Social Media Information
- Brief Gallery History
- Current Artist List
- List of Other Fairs Participated in
- A Written Proposal for your Exhibition
- 5 to 10 high-resolution JPGS of artwork you intend to present.
- Supporting Materials*
* At the request of the Selection Committee, applicants that have not participated in EXPO CHICAGO previously are asked to provide booth installation shots from past fairs. Additionally, you are encouraged to complete a proposed booth plan.
Applications will not be considered complete without all of the above materials.
- To begin an application, please login using your username and password. If it is the gallery/ organization's first time applying, please create a new login.
- Once started, you may save your application and logout. You may return to complete your application at any time by visiting Application Services on the EXPO CHICAGO website.
- Applicants may apply to more than one exhibitor section.
- Please submit 5 to 10 high quality images of artwork you intend to present. (Only jpgs less than 5 MB each will be accepted.) Applicants are encouraged to include booth installation shots from past fairs as part of your image upload. Submitted artwork images are subject for use in press and promotional materials upon acceptance.
- Optional Supplemental Materials for Selection Committee review including artist biographies, additional gallery information, and/or proposed booth plan, can be uploaded as a single pdf or can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A non-refundable application fee is required. Payment is accepted by credit card only and will be collected as part of the online application form.
- Applicants may submit program proposals for IN/SITU, IN/SITU Outside, and OVERRIDE | A Billboard Project —providing opportunities to highlight large-scale works and video pieces. You will have the opportunity to submit proposals within Application Services once your Booth application is submitted.
2020 IMPORTANT DATES
|APPLICATION DEADLINE:||FEBRUARY 20, 2020|
|First Invoice:||Upon Acceptance|
|Second Invoice:||May 13, 2020|
|Third Invoice:||July 31, 2020|
|Delivery of Commercial Freight:||Monday, September 21, 8:00am – 4:00pm|
|Exhibitor Move-in (small vehicles):||Tuesday, September 22, 8:00am – 4:00pm|
|Exhibitor Registration & Set-up:||Tuesday, September 22, 8:00am continuing through Thursday, September 24, 10:00am|
|Opening Preview:||Thursday, September 24, noon – 9:00 pm|
|General Admission:||Friday, September 25, 11:00am – 7:00pm
Saturday, September 26, 11:00am – 7:00pm
Sunday, September 27, 11:00am – 5:00pm
|Exhibitor Move-out:||Sunday, September 27, 6:00pm – 11:00pm
Monday, September 28, 8:00am – 2:30pm
For questions about the application, please contact EXPO CHICAGO, email@example.com or by phone, 312.867.9220.