Working with EXPO CHICAGO, The International Exposition of Contemporary & Modern Art, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the city’s rich legacy as a vibrant international cultural destination. As a part of the EXPO CHICAGO team, you will work with colleagues and partners to highlight the region’s contemporary arts community and collaborate with leading gallerists, artists, curators, designers, arts professionals and collectors on a diverse program and large scale event.
Arts Administration Internship
EXPO CHICAGO seeks talented interns to provide support in the areas of Programming, Exhibitor Relations, Marketing and VIP Relations. An internship with EXPO CHICAGO will offer you the opportunity to gain experience in art fair management and advance your understanding of the skills needed for large scale event management—including marketing, outreach, exhibition coordination, programming, and event operations. We value all of our interns and go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals. Interns will have ample opportunity to network with professionals in the arts.
Please note, EXPO CHICAGO accepts Internship Applications on a rolling basis and prefer to align start and end dates with your university's semester schedules.
Event & Operations Staff
EXPO CHICAGO seeks talented temporary event & operations staff to provide support leading up to and during the next edition of EXPO CHICAGO. Held at Navy Pier— hosting 170 leading International exhibitors presented alongside one of the highest quality platforms for global contemporary art and culture.
- Art Handlers/Installers
- Applicants must have previous art handling experience – opportunities to work directly for exhibitors
- Visitor Services Staff
- To staff Information Desks, VIP Lounges, and Will Call
- Retail or hospitality experience preferred
- Exhibitor Services Staff (Section Leaders and Set-Up Staff)
- Previous gallery experience preferred
- Applicants must be able to lift 50 lb. boxes
- VIP Events Staff
- Applicants must have prior event experience working with VIPs. Please list applicable event experience in your cover letter
- Show Office Staff
- Applicants must have good communication skills and be detail oriented
- Previous office experience preferred
- Signage Staff
- Previous vinyl graphic installation, sign installation, and vinyl weeding experience preferred
- Applicants must be able to climb ladders and work at elevations of up to 16 feet; lift and carry up to 50 pounds of equipment
Please note that EXPO CHICAGO will be accepting Event & Operations Staff applications until the Application Deadline: Currently Accepting Applications
To apply for any of the above opportunities, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Equal Opportunity Employer
EXPO CHICAGO is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to and encourages applications from diverse candidates.